So let me start off by being
COMPLETELY honest… I cheated, yep there I said it! This past weekend my diet wasn’t the best, I indulged in things mother nature made me crave (damn you)! And after eating all that crap guess what? It made me feel super tired & the last thing I wanted to do today was workout. That was until I hopped on pinterest and saw this quote:
… Touche’ Pinterest. So I threw on my workout clothes, grabbed my gym bag, & wam bam thank you mam out the door in 5. All this got me thinking about how much easier it is to get workouts done when you can just grab your workout bag and go… it saves time & keeps you prepared. Oooh hey, looks like we can check off two excuses from the “I can’t workout list”.
- Head Phones: You think I’m joking, but I’m not… If I get to the gym & realize I don’t have my head phones with me I feel like the world is about to end! Seriously how does anybody workout without some feel good music?! I know personally working out is hard enough as it is, & music is one of the things that keeps me pushing when I feel like giving up, plus it makes it fun! I must be an alien because the Apple head phones don’t stay in my ears well AT ALL, one of the most annoying things is constantly trying to shove the ear bud back into your ear every five seconds while your working out. The head phones I use & love are by the brand Schoche, they’re under $20, I chose the pink color.
- Hand Sanitizer: Let’s just take a moment & realize how utterly disgusting the gym is, hellloooo everyone’s sweating off different toxins & germs! I make sure to keep hand sanitizer in my gym bag, that way I can disinfect my hands after a workout before I go touching my face. Also I try to always remember to clean off my phone after a gym workout as well. My favorite baby sized sanitizer is by Bath & Body Works, in the scent Fresh Picked Strawberries…mmm delish!
- Water Bottle: Keeping hydrated during a workout is crucial to not only how you will feel, but what you will actually get from your workout. Your body needs fuel and hydration to give its all, so always keep a water bottle on hand & remember to drink throughout your workout!
- Gym Towel: We’re human, we sweat, & let me tell you… I am not one of those girls who train in the gym, never break a sweat, & still look flawless at the end of the workout. I sweat a lot, and yeah it’s gross, but cmon you’re not there to look glam! Plus sweating is a great thing, your body needs to expel toxins and waste through your sweat glands, and by sweating it off you are doing your body a huge favor! That being said, a towel is a must have at the gym so you can dry off & stay fresh!
- Gum: I am a gum addict, so gum is a must have in every bag I own. However I do think it is pretty important to have in your gym bag, when you workout you are causing your heart rate to rise, and you begin breathing harder, sorry but nobody wants to smell your pre-workout shake from an elliptical machine away, just no.
- Hair Ties: I always wonder if girls forget their hair ties, or purposely rock their booty length hair all down & styled? Please don’t be that girl, keep a hair tie in your bag & tie that ish up while you workout!
Pandora has always been my little music lover, I love how custom the channels become to your taste & style of music. No matter what mood I am in for my workout, I just select a station accordingly & i’m good to go! I know Pandora is pretty well known, but I still wanted to mention it since it’s a workout essential for me, Ps. If you don’t have Pandora, who are you & what are you doing with your life?
Fit Radio is my brand new obsession that dare I say…may or may not take the place of Pandora! It’s a free app & it plays the BEST workout music, today I tried it out for the very first time and it seriously felt like I was in a club & I had my own personal DJ keeping all my songs in the mix, I honestly had to refrain from dancing haha. This is a must have app for those of you who use your smart phone as your DJ for your workouts. Download it right meeoow.
Happy workouts my bunnies!